If you’re looking to improve the appearance of your teeth, veneers may be a good option. Veneers are thin shells that are placed over your teeth to improve the aesthetics of your teeth. These shells are custom-made to fit over your front teeth and look natural.
Veneers are ideal for chipped, crooked, or misshapen teeth. They’re also good if you have teeth that are too large or too small. Veneers can also be helpful if you have stained teeth or huge gaps between teeth.
Veneers are a common cosmetic dentistry procedure. In fact, many celebrities sport veneers. The long list includes Tom Cruise. Ben Affleck, Nicolas Cage, Miley Cyrus, Jim Carrey, Jennifer Garner, Kylie Jenner, Demi Moore, and Lindsay Lohan. So if you want a movie star smile, veneers can help you accomplish your goal.
So can Blue Sky Dental. If you’re looking for professional veneer services in the North Vancouver area, we can help. Contact our office today to get started.
Interested in getting veneers? Here’s a look at the process:
- Consultation. The first step is to schedule a consultation. At this appointment, you can discuss your goals and expectations with the dentist. We may take X-rays or impressions of your teeth and evaluate your oral health.
- Treatment planning. The dentist will work with you to develop a treatment plan. You will discuss the desired shape, size, and color of the veneers.
- Tooth preparation. Before placing veneers, a small amount of enamel needs to be removed from the front surface of the teeth receiving the veneers. This is typically done under local anesthesia. Afterward, we will take impressions of your teeth, which will be used to create your custom veneers.
- Temporary veneers. While waiting for the permanent veneers to be fabricated, temporary veneers may be placed to protect your prepared teeth and maintain aesthetics.
- Veneer bonding. Once your custom veneers are ready, you will return to the dentist for the bonding process. We will first check the fit and appearance of the veneers and make any necessary adjustments. Your teeth will then be cleaned, polished, and etched to create a slightly rough surface for better bonding. A special dental adhesive is applied to the veneers, which are then carefully placed onto your teeth. A curing light will activate the adhesive.
- Follow-up and maintenance. After the veneers are bonded, we will schedule a follow-up appointment to assess the placement and make any necessary adjustments.
Benefits of Veneers
Dental veneers can be a great option to improve the look of your smile. Here are some benefits:
- Enhanced aesthetics. As mentioned above, dental veneers can transform the appearance of your smile. They can cover up stains, discoloration, chips, cracks, gaps between teeth, and other imperfections. Veneers are available in various shades, allowing you to choose the right color and shape for your teeth.
- Natural appearance. While veneers are meant to improve the appearance of your teeth, they do it naturally. They are made from porcelain or composite resin and designed to mimic the natural look of teeth thanks to a translucent quality similar to tooth enamel.
- Stain resistance. Porcelain veneers are highly resistant to stains compared to natural tooth enamel. This means that your veneers will maintain their original color and shine for a longer time, even when exposed to coffee, tea, tobacco, and other staining agents.
- Minimally invasive procedure. Veneers require the removal of a small amount of enamel from the front surface of the tooth. This may seem like a big deal, but it’s a relatively conservative amount compared to other dental treatments.
- Durability. Veneers are durable and can last for many years with proper care. Porcelain veneers are particularly resilient and can withstand normal biting and chewing forces. Composite resin veneers are slightly less durable but can still provide long-lasting results.
- Easy maintenance. Taking care of veneers is just like taking care of natural teeth. You can maintain their longevity with regular brushing, flossing, and dental checkups. However, you should avoid biting or chewing on hard objects that could damage the veneers.
- Increased self-esteem. Veneers improve the aesthetics of your smile, which can have a positive impact on your self-esteem and confidence. You may feel more comfortable smiling, speaking, and interacting with others, leading to improved social and professional opportunities.
Contact Us Today
Veneers are a popular type of cosmetic dentistry. While they may not improve the health of your teeth, they can help you look like your favorite celebrity.
If you are looking for a durable, long-lasting smile, Blue Sky Dental can help. We offer many options to fit your needs. Veneers, teeth whitening, composite fillings, crowns, and dental implants are just some of our services that can improve your smile. We are open Saturdays for your convenience. Fill out the online form or call (604) 330-1605 to request an appointment.