Are you looking to enhance your smile but hesitant to undergo traditional braces treatment? There are many dental services available to help improve the health and aesthetics of your teeth. At Blue Sky Dental offers services to help you straighten your teeth and improve your smile.
In the past, metal braces were the only way to achieve the smile of your dreams. Nowadays, there are several types of clear aligners that can straighten your teeth and improve your self-confidence. One of the most popular ones is Invisalign.
Instead of brackets and wires, Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually move the teeth into their desired positions. Patients typically wear each set of aligners for two weeks at a time.
Invisalign can be used to treat a variety of orthodontic issues, including:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Open bite
However, it does not work for everyone. Those with more severe alignment issues may need to get braces, which work better for these cases. Are you a good candidate? Contact Blue Sky Dental to schedule a consultation.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Most of the time in the Invisalign process is spent on wearing the aligners. Here are some other steps you should know about:
- Consultation. The process begins with a consultation. Our dentist will examine your teeth and determine if Invisalign is a suitable treatment for your specific case.
- Treatment plan. If you are a good candidate for Invisalign, our dentist will create a customized treatment plan. They will use 3D imaging technology to create a digital representation of your teeth and jaw.
- Aligner fabrication. Based on your treatment plan, a series of custom-made aligners will be created specifically for you by a lab. Each aligner is slightly different and designed to gradually move your teeth.
- Wearing the aligners. This is the most important part. Once your aligners are ready, you will receive a set of aligners for your upper and lower teeth. You will wear each set of aligners for about 1-2 weeks and you should keep them in your mouth for roughly 22 hours a day. You should remove the aligners while eating, brushing, and flossing.
- Progression. You should notice your teeth shifting into their proper positions. The aligners will apply gentle, controlled forces to guide the teeth. You will typically visit your dentist every 6-8 weeks to check the progress and receive the next set of aligners.
- Treatment completion. Treatment often lasts 6-12 months, but could be longer, depending on your situation. Your teeth should be properly aligned once you have gone through all the aligners.
- Retention. After completing the Invisalign treatment, you may have to use a retainer to maintain the new position of your teeth.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign has been beneficial for many people. Here are some of the pros of these aligners:
- Aesthetic appeal. Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, making them a discreet option for individuals who may feel self-conscious about wearing traditional braces. They allow you to undergo orthodontic treatment without drawing attention to your teeth.
- Removable. Invisalign aligners are removable, which means you can take them out when eating, brushing, or flossing. This feature allows for greater flexibility and makes it easier to maintain oral hygiene. It also means you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods, as there are no restrictions on what you can eat.
- Comfortable. Invisalign aligners are made from smooth, BPA-free plastic. They don’t irritate your mouth, unlike braces They are custom-made to fit snugly over your teeth.
- Works quickly. Invisalign can fix mild to moderate straightening issues in an average of 6-12 months. If you are diligent about wearing your aligners for at least 22 hours a day, you will get quick results.
- Versatility. Invisalign can address a wide range of orthodontic issues, including crowding, gaps, overbites, underbites, and crossbites. It is suitable for both adults and teenagers, depending on their specific dental needs.
What to Know About Invisalign
Here are some things you should know about Invisalign that will make the process smoother:
- Keep your aligners in your mouth as much as possible. Aim for 22 hours a day. The more you use them, the better your results.
- The aligners may affect your speech, so don’t be surprised. You may need to make some adjustments.
- Remember to floss every day. When you don’t floss, this causes a buildup of food and plaque. This can then get onto your aligners. The result could be a tight fit as well as pain and inflammation.
Meet the Team
Dr. Negar Nazemi opened Blue Sky Dental in 2016 after obtaining a Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree from UBC. She and her friendly team of dental assistants love helping patients take care of their teeth and get the dental care they want and need.
At Blue Sky Dental, we focus on making patients comfortable and welcome. We are passionate about your dental care and hope you are as well. Our knowledgeable team will teach you how to obtain and maintain a healthy, beautiful smile.
We focus on professionalism and safety. We use the highest standards of safety to reduce the risk of infections and illnesses in our office. We maintain sterilization and cross contamination processes and don’t take any shortcuts in doing so. We want you to be safe when you visit our office.
Still not convinced? Take a look at our numerous five-star reviews from satisfied patients. You’ll be glad you chose Blue Sky Dental for your family’s dental care.
Contact Our North Vancouver Dental Office Today!
Invisalign is a great way to straighten your smile without braces. If you’re self-conscious about your smile or just don’t want to deal with braces, these clear aligners can discreetly transform your smile.
Are you a good candidate for Invisalign? Contact Blue Sky Dental today and find out for yourself. We can assess your mouth and help you understand your options. We are open Saturdays for your convenience. To request an appointment, call (604) 330-1605 or fill out the online form.